- Pre-heat Oven to 170c, prick the duck legs with a fork all over and sprinkle liberally with sea salt and black pepper, rub with thyme and place on the thyme sprigs on a wire rack of an oven tray in the oven for 1hr 30min, taking out half way through and basting with duck fat.
- When there are 10 minutes to go, fold all of the mayonnaise ingredients together until mixed thoroughly, place back in the fridge.
Here is a real weekend crowd pleaser. Confit duck with crispy skin, truffle, honey & mustard mayonnaise all topped with gooey goats cheese in a Brioche Bun.
Ingredients for 2
For the Confit Duck
2 x Duck Legs
4 x Fresh Thyme Sprigs
For the Honey, Mustard & Truffle Mayonnaise
3 x tablespoons Mayonnaise
1 x Teaspoon Dijon Mustard
1 x Teaspoon of Honey
½ Teaspoon Truffle Oil
Brioche Burger Buns
Rind On Goats Cheese
- Cut the Brioche Burger rolls in half and toast under the grill until golden in colour.
- Once the duck is cooked, remove the skin carefully (in one piece) and shred the duck with two forks, mix in any thyme and check the seasoning.
- To construct the burger, place mayonnaise on both sides of the burger bun, place the roasted duck on the bun, top with slices of the goats cheese, then the rocket and top with other side of the bun.
Voila – We have prepared the Duck Burger